Outside Looking In Application
INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE OLI PROGRAM? (DOWNLOAD THE OLI BROCHURE)
FULL YEAR PROGRAM DEADLINE: There is no deadline to apply for the OLI Program.We are always accepting applications.
Here’s what you need to know!
- FULL-YEAR PROGRAM
- Program runs from mid-September to May
- OLI instructors are in your community/organization/friendship centre monthly, 5 days per week
- Youth are eligible for a minimum of 1 high school credit towards their high school diploma
2. TWO-YEAR COMMITMENT
- For the program application, OLI requires communities/organizations/friendship centres to commit to the OLI program for 2 consecutive programming years. A 2-year agreement between OLI and communities ensures:
- Momentum for the youth to continue to succeed year after year in the program
- Youth look forward to seeing their new friends again from other communities who they performed with in the previous year. Because of this, the OLI program keeps them in school and engaged to ensure they can rekindle and have another great time performing with their friends in Toronto. The continuity and stability of a structured program in your community/organization/friendship centre is what we believe makes our youth successful.
- Provides hope and trust in your youth since they know the program will be in their community the following year after they have an amazing experience in Toronto.
- Improved future planning for the administration of both the community / organization / friendship centre and OLI
3. PROGRAM COSTS
We believe that all of our communities involved should be the first to invest in their youth, before our staff staff and professional artists can be successful with our program inside your community.
- FULL-YEAR PROGRAM
- The program fee can be paid in lump sum, or two installments. We are flexible with alternate payment arrangements should you require any.
- Program costs cover program management, implementation and travel for program managers and dance instructors
- Cancellation policy – funds are non-refundable once program begins.
4. APPLICATION (YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH ONE YOU PREFER)
- Written application
- You can apply online by clicking this link: OLI Program Application
- Video interview application
- OLI can send you an application via email/fax/mail, if requested
5. REFERRAL PROGRAM
We know that you already think OLI is a program that is working in your community and other places for Indigenous youth across Canada, so why not spread the word and get a discount for your own program? Should you refer another community/organization/friendship centre who applies to the OLI program and their application is successful, OLI will discount your annual cost per year by $5,000.
6. ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
An application that demonstrates capacity in terms of passionate, dedicated volunteers/staff members willing to work towards the success of their youth will be highly considered by OLI. A well- thought out application will create a favourable first impression of your community.